About Tech Lemur
“The views on this blog are personal and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.”
This site was set up to spread the word about new emerging innovative technologies in the hope that they can be utilised to engage and inspire young people in education. I hope to keep this site as updated as often as possible. If you know of any new innovative technologies that you feel disserves a mention please feel free to contact me and I will post it on the site .
So what about me…
My name is James Edwards and I am an ICT & Business Studies teacher as well as the Gifted and Talented Coordinator for KS2 & KS3 at Saltash.net Community School. I have worked there now for a number of years and have loved every minute of it! Saltash is located on the Devon and Cornwall border with spectacular views to the river Tamar and Lynher. I’m committed to the education of young people. I am passionate about the role of ICT and innovative technologies to inspire engage and enhance the learning and teaching of young people. I am always happy to get involved with any kind of projects that will benefit young people.
When I’m not working, I love going out and exploring Dartmoor and taking photos. Photography is one of my favourite past times. I am also a big fan of the coast and sea; there certainly is a lot of beautiful scenery in Cornwall and Devon.
- BA(Hons) ICT & Educational studies, College of St Mark & St John (MARJON’s Affiliated with University of Exeter)
- PGCE ICT, College of St Mark & St John (MARJON’s Affiliated with University of Exeter)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education, College of St Mark & St John (MARJON’s Affiliated with University of Exeter)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Photography: My portfolio can be found here James Edwards Photography
- Patience & listening skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for ICT and technology
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe software
- Web 2.0 technologies
- WordPress websites
- WiX websites
- Teaching Experience
- Business Studies
- Mobile Learning
- Social Media
Awards and recognition:
- 2011– UK Microsoft Innovative Teachers Award for The KINECT Generations Project
- 2010-Video presentation of the 2010 winner of the BETT Award in the category “Secondary Digital Content” – The Global Conflict educational game series.
- 2009 – UK Microsoft Innovative Teachers Award for E-Safety
If you’re interested in finding out more about me and my work or you want to run a project together then please get in touch.